skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- The current version of PHP which is 5.6 has reached the end of life on 19th Jan 2017. PHP team has stopped support for 5.6, and no more new features added.
- Security support for 5.6 is up to Jan 2019. On Jan 2019 PHP 5.6 officially dead.
- The newer version of Linux and server software has already stopped supporting PHP 5.6 which creates a huge security risk.
- Updating old server will be hard as it may break the PHP due to compatibility issues.
- All major PHP libraries and frameworks will drop support for PHP 5.6
- 7.2 end of life is in Jan 2021
- 7.2 is so much faster than 5.6
- 7.X has new Zend Engine
- Reduction in the memory usage
- Consistent 64bit support
- Better Error handling
- More secure & better handling with SSL and cryptography