It is like every six months or so I normally change my blog theme. For a very long time I was very happy with tiga theme. The only issue with it was it has highly customizable features and it was a widget ready theme. It was bit heavy 😉 with lots of build in functions and I was not using widgets etc etc.
So I decided to write my own theme for my blog. It took me roughly 8 hours to finish a rough theme what you currently seeing now. Total images used for the site is one since I was not able to get proper background color effect on the sidebar. Otherwise my aim was to do without any images.
The main idea to make this theme is for me to customize the site heavily based on the needs for myself. I want to build nice gallery for each post. I faced lot of issues in studying the css structure the others have used to build the theme. Right now my theme works fine in Firefox and safari and haven’t checked it on internet explorer. I am 100% sure it will be really shitty. Thanks to the css support in internet explorer.
The next good thing after putting some Google’s adsense units between the content gave some good click rate than before. Don’t come to the conclusion that I made good money. Per day I am getting around 10 to 50 cents. Which I think much better than the previous which gave me none. Google product referral sucks and I am not getting any money from it. Most of the browsers who come to my website is using Firefox so using download Firefox button made no sense to me so I removed it 😀 . Now my blog has good adsense units mixed into the content.
Last but not the least I want to write a theme I wrote it 😛 …..!!!!