Last week I signed for Google apps for my domain imthi.com. Its is pretty cool and they service is pretty cool. To be honest I really don’t have to use this service since I ain’t a corporate. But curiosity which drives lot of people like me to test what Google is providing and doing. After experiencing one week I really start liking it a lot.
If I have a company and I will really use Google apps for my company needs. The amount of features one get from this is lot. For example take one fine example of email
- 2 GB online storage
- Excellent web mail and it is mobile complaint.
- POP with good security
- All the hardware to support with full backup feature
Some of the other service provided with Google apps
- The start page – A central place for your users to preview their inboxes and calendars, access your essential content, and search the web.
- Gmail – Offer email to your users with 2 gigabytes of storage per account, search tools to help them find information fast, and instant messaging built right into the browser.
- Google Talk – Your users can call or send instant messages to their contacts for free — anytime, anywhere in the world.
- Google Calendar – Users can organize their schedules and share events, meetings and entire calendars with others.
- Google Page Creator – Create and publish web pages for your domain quickly and easily with this what-you-see-is-what-you-get page design tool.
It will be really nice if they could include spreadsheet in this list. Which is mostly used by lot of companies. Sometimes I really admire Google how they take everything to web. One thing still bothers me is privacy.. 😉