Kshipra Singh from Packt Publishing requested me write a review about their new book on wordpress. I got the book from them 2 days back. Being an user of wordpress for more than 3 years now I have never read a book about wordpress so I was excited to read it. The Books covers lot of topics in different perspective for a person to start blogging. For example installation by manually, from cpannel and upgrading etc.
Some of the topics they have covered in this book
- Managing post, categories, comments
- How to play with themes and some trips and tricks on css
- Plugin and some sample code how to write a plugin. Not fully documented
- Explains about widgets plugin
- Tips and tricks on using wordpress
My comment it is very useful book for a new user who is very much new to wordpress. They have explained it nicely. It will not help advanced wordpress user that much.