Finally I bought Flash FL-50 for my Olympus E-500 camera. Some highlights of the flash
- TTL auto, auto, and manual modes can be set.
- Bounce and swivel head.
- Usual synchronisation speed is 1/180 sec.
- Super FP Mode up to 1/4000s
- Built-in diffuser can be used to obtain wide-angle coverage at an 8mm focal length (equivalent to 16mm on a 35mm camera).
- AF lamp to extend the reach of the camera’s AF system from 6m to 10m.
- Red-eye reduction, slow synchronisation and second curtain synchronisation.
- Flash coverage is automatically adjusted in several steps to correspond to the image area when zooming
The high-powered FL-50 electronic flash has been developed especially for use with digital cameras. Various adjustment modes, high speed synchronisation and a large range of accessories make the FL-50 a creative working tool for the Olympus E-System user. The FL-50 includes a newly-developed super FP mode. Unlike conventional flash systems that close the aperture down to provide synchronisation at faster shutter speeds, the Super FP activates the flash from the moment the shutter opens until it is fully closed so the fill-flash can be used in the brightest situations and stop action at the highest speeds. Synchronisation across the entire shutter speed range is possible even up to 1/4000 sec.
The FL-50 provides GN28 at a 12mm focal length (equivalent to 24mm on a 35mm camera; ISO 100) and GN50 at 42mm focal length (equivalent to 85mm on a 35mm camera; ISO 100).