skip to Main Content
+971 55 881 1725 hmimthiaz @ imthi.com

Been busy and Lazy in Year 2016

Hey Bloggy

Just now I realised that it has been nearly a year now since I blogged. I have been so lazy and busy off-roading on weekend and really didn’t find time to blog. I feel really bad that one year has fully gone without blogging. Inshallah I will make sure that I will start blogging regularly from now on.

This my new beast which keeps me busy during the weekend..

And now I have big second family 🙂

I hope everyone I knew had a great and wonderful year 2016 and I wish everyone a very happy and successful new year 2017..

sayonara..

Blog Update Year 2014

For really long time I have not updated the blog, mostly I been busy with other activities and really lazy. There were not much updates this year as I was majorly focusing with the new job and responsibilities.

I have few updates coming soon related to OBD port, photography and electronics stuff. This update is just to break the silence. Below is a picture of my cat “Pixel”

Pixel_Thug_Life

4WD Robotic Car controlled over Bluetooth with iPhone App

After massive brain damage I finally managed to build a prototype 4WD Robotic car controlled over Bluetooth using iPhone app. This was done using serial communication between Arduino mega and Hercules motor driver. Sorry for not posting detailed pinout diagram. If anyone interested in detailed connections please drop me an email or comment. The real trick was to make the serial connections work and test without connecting the USB cable on Hercules. Hercules board should have had two serial communication pins for easy testing as it was pain to keep removing the connected Arduino serial connections for testing. Anyways its done now 😉

Parts used in this demo

You can download the source code used in this project “CarRemote” in Github. Please forgive my bad C code as it been real long time.

4WD Robotic Car with 15 Kilo Load Test

Finally I put together my 4WD Robotic car. Thanks to Hercules Motor controller it’s doing what I am expecting of it. My self challenge was to make it carry 5 gallon water bottle. Few attempts failed as the motor was starting and stoping fast and the bottle was jumping out of the car. So I had to increase and reduce the speed slowly.

Parts used in this test

Source code used for this experiment 😉

Watch out for next update with remote control 😀

Back To Top